The time sheet manager makes it easy for a user to review their time sheet history. It can be accessed by going to Tools -> Time Sheets.
The filters at the top of the page provide a way to easily sort through the time sheets listed.
The filters begin with a time filter. This is based on the current date of access. The second filter is a user filter. This is available only with unrestricted Search access to the time sheet document type. It will show results for only the user selected in the box, or all users if the (all) option is chosen. Items I affected will remove the current list of items and replace it with items that the currently logged in user has affected. This means any time sheet items that have been approved, rejected, returned, or touched via workflow.
Export: Allows the currently displayed items within the grid to be exported to an Excel sheet for further review.
In the event your ITC needs to back up your information, you will need to lock our system out of USPS so that it does not interfere. To do this, simply click the Lock USPS button in the top right corner. This will lock our system out for the duration in the drop down. In the event the ITC is still seeing a Strategic account logged in, they will need to manually log the accounts out after the system is locked. If you would like to resume working before the time expires, you can simply click the Unlock button. Otherwise, it will automatically unlock after the allotted time.
Time Sheet Submission Service
Because time sheets are also integrated with the Time Clock widget on the Dashboard and can be locked from editing, users can also be prevented from submitting. If the district has decided to use time sheets in this way, they can be submitted in one of two ways:
1. The first is manually by clicking the Submit Time Sheets button. This is only available to admins.
The Submit Time Sheets button will only submit time sheets into workflow that are in the most recent previous pay period. No other pay periods before that nor the current pay period will be submitted using this button.
2. The other is that the system will automatically submit them a set number of days after the end of the pay period, set on a per-district basis within Admin Site Settings.
To create a new time sheet, simply click the Add Sheet button. This will open the time sheet form.
To learn more about how to use the time sheet form, click here.
To learn more about the time clock widget, click here.
Your ability to edit a time sheet will depend on your rights and the status of the time sheet:
- If you do not have edit rights for time sheets, you will only be able to edit the time sheet while the status is Draft or Not in Workflow. If you need to edit a time sheet once it has entered workflow, you will need to contact the approver and have them return it for editing
- If you have rights to edit and it is in your workflow queue, you can edit the time sheet
- If you have rights to edit but it is not in you workflow queue, you will not be able to edit
- If you are an Admin and have edit rights, you can edit the time sheet anywhere
- If a time sheet has been submitted to USPS, you will not be able to edit regardless of rights
Your ability to delete a time sheet will also depend on your rights and the status of the time sheet:
- If you do not have delete rights for time sheets, you will only be able to delete the leave while the status is Draft.
- If you have rights to delete and it is in Draft, Not in Workflow, or (Un-Queue) status, you can delete the time sheet
- If the time sheet has been submitted to USPS, it cannot be deleted
You can also choose to copy a time sheet to a new time period. Right-clicking a sheet will open a context menu with the copy option. When copying, a popup will appear and ask for which pay period you'd like to copy the sheet to. After choosing, the selected period will open up in the time sheet form.
Recalling a Time Sheet
In the event you need to change a time sheet, you have the ability to recall it. If you need to modify the department on a submitted time sheet, it must be recalled. Returning will not allow the department to be edited.
- Right click the Time Sheet you wish to recall.
- Select Recall